About Me

My photo
Aloha & thanks for stopping by! I have online shops at: http://www.zazzle.com/treasuresfromhawaii* & http://www.treasuresfromhawaii.etsy.com where I sell Fine Art Photos & Beach in a Bottle gifts(vials filled with sand, shells, coral, beach glass and other treasures that I personally collect from Kauai's seashores~~~These make wonderful wedding/party decor/favors and any occasion gifts... Please visit ~~ I love company!

Old Plantation Home Photo Essay ~ Part I

I took these photos at the Puakea Golf Course...It is an old plantation home, now empty and sadly in disrepair, but nevertheless has a haunting charm all its own...

"BlowingInTheBreeze":


I couldn't believe it when I saw that a badly broken set of windows on the second floor actually still had drapes in them ~ Gave me the feeling that someone's mama would be calling them in for dinner any minute!

FrenchDoorsOutToVeranda1&2:




This scene made me think of days gone by ~ Days spent sitting on the veranda with a glass of fresh-squeezed lemonade...It also made me sad. Sad of what these once-proud French doors have become ~ broken glass and hanging by a hinge...
Yet, somehow, I think back again to lazy days on a new whitewashed veranda and a porch swing and those doors are back on their brass hinges; beveled panes of glass shining crystal clear in the summer sun...

TheWindow:


As we rounded the corner and looked up, this window reminded my husband and I of every one of "those windows" appearing in every horror movie house we've ever seen ~ You know the ones - At any minute a freakish face will appear and you will know BIG trouble is about to happen...

These photos are for sale in my etsy shop: www.treasuresfromhawaii.etsy.com
There are many more pictures to tell the story of this wonderful old plantation home...stay tuned for Part II of my essay! God bless...Dava

2 comments:

  1. I love the old plantation style houses of Hawaii. Yes, this one has certainly seen better days. You show it in quite a neat perspective though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great post! thanks for sharing it with me!

    tara - handmadeinpa.net

    ReplyDelete